Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Simplify = To Reduce To Fundamental Parts



As I have been moving my clothes, shoes and bags I am disgusted at the amount of stuff I have. A gorgeous friend (there she is on the left - if you haven't seen her Art for Interiors blog, find it HERE) has recently been looking more gorgeous than ever, and when I compliment her she says she doesn't understand why because she's been living in a temporary place, and therefore doesn't have access to a lot of clothes and is living really simply. But on Saturday night she had unearthed a pretty black top which she wore with some gold necklaces and she added a bright red lipstick, something I don't see her do often. I suppose when you don't have a complicated or showy outfit to steal the show, you become more creative with what you do have.

I am craving that simplicity in my wardrobe, and the way I have been trying to go about it is by bringing to the new house only the things I actually wear regularly, with an exemption for a few special occasion things. I didn't trust the movers to take my stuff, so I have been doing a slow move of my things from the old house in my Mini. It's a worthwhile experiment to bring along only the things you actually wear regularly (I decided three times a month counts as regularly). In fact, it may be the easiest way to a simple wardrobe. So far I have:



- 2 pairs of Mother jeans
- a pair of checked H&M capri pants
- a pair of black watch Zara capri pants
- JCrew animal print flats
- black Jimmy Choo pumps
- black brand new Alexander Wang pumps with thick ankle strap
- white Celine sandals with silver heel
- orange flip flops
- a pair of chocolate brown 10-year old Gucci boots with thick sturdy soles
- all my JDCamicetta Fiona dresses and tops (I wear these all the time, not doing a plug for JDC here)
- 3 stripy Saint James T-shirts
- 3 JCrew cashmere jumpers
- a JCrew khaki field jacket
- my custom made grey wool blazer jacket from Soong Tailors
- and a navy blazer jacket from Zara 
- a multi-colored Megan Park scarf with beige fringe.

When it gets hot, I would need some shorts maybe, but actually my JDC Fiona dresses will do just fine with a flat sandal. If I was really brave, I would toss all the other nonsense left at the old house. Because the frightening thing is, I can't actually remember what else is there!

No comments:

Post a Comment