Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Spring wedges

I have a hate-hate-love relationship with wedges. Too many of them feel mumsy, or like they belong on a character like Carmen Miranda or Betty Boop. But they seem to be here to stay now - they just show up year after year, and have become a summer staple. I have decided I can only pull off the stompy ones - clunky numbers which give you height and comfort and make your ankles look tiny in comparison. Here's some of the kinds I love - what all of these have in common is that they by a company called L'Autre Chose, which makes relatively affordable (unless you buy them at Harvey Nichols in Hong Kong!) and good quality shoes. These are last year's styles at outlet website www.yoox.com. But I think they look best with pretty girly things (a frilly blouse with shorts maybe?) to balance out the stompy clunk factor.


      

No comments:

Post a Comment