Sunday, October 22, 2017

40 Per Cent Off This Hava Bag (Proenza Schouler) at Forzieri





The other day (Friday) I was searching for Proenza Schouler Hava bags specifically, because I was hoping they would be doing a dark red or brown version this season.  I like using www.shopstyle.com and www.lyst.com for searches like that, and I will usually also have a look on my big three: www.matchesfashion.comwww.net-a-porter.com, and www.mytheresa.com.

Within seconds I found this color listed on www.modaoperandi.com, same bag but the strap was all in red as well. 

The second Hava bag I found in this color had black details on the strap, which I liked better (as it makes it really easy to wear with black shoes).  I clicked on it only to find it was 40 per cent off for a limited time only.  




I wasted no time and neither did the people at Forzieri.  Three hours later the bag had been shipped from Italy and I am sitting here admiring it on Monday morning in Hong Kong.  First experience with www.forzieri.com, but a good one so far.  The only thing that could be an issue is that there is no automatic return slip in my box like you would find with the other online retailers mentioned above. 

But at 40 per cent discount, I am not concerned.  I knew exactly what I wanted and was quite sure I wouldn't need to return it.




Proenza Schouler's designs are intelligent, for lack of a better word.  All styles have back pockets for easy reach of Octopus cards or phones, the straps are always easily adjustable, the hardware is as practical as it is beautiful, and the bags feel featherlight compared to many other popular styles in stores.  These guys are designer's designers: they are never just going to slap a logo on a bag and call it a day.

I am so pleased with this arrival, coming after a weekend reuniting with old friends and my son's arrival home for half term.  A happy Monday from Hong Kong everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment