Friday, May 16, 2014

Cape top at COS





I spent some time today trying to figure out the pattern of this top with a cape-like back panel from COS. It is really flattering, the fabric looks beautiful, and it is washable. Washable! I wish all my clothes were washable but more than half have Dry Clean Only tags on them. I do wonder whether it is an original design because mainstream companies have taken to copying like I take to fries with mayonnaise.

A quick walk thru Zara today was like a whirlwind tour of all that's popular for Spring '14 - there were among others Chloe-esque slides, Isabel Marant-esque dresses, Miu Miu-esque bags, and Valentino-esque fringe sandals. If you ever think about integrity in fashion design, you may like to watch this Phoebe Philo interview on the British Vogue YouTube channel. I found it both interesting and annoying. Watch it HERE if you have the patience - it's 57 minutes long, and Alexandra Shulman is a sympathetic but not a natural interviewer while Phoebe is a rather reluctant subject. But if you love fashion design, it will make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment