Friday, February 22, 2013

The Balmain strut

Balmain Spring 2013 ad campaign

As the years pass by I ever so often become aware that there are certain things I will never be able to do at this point. I am not attempting to be dramatic or prove to have worthwhile insight into the melancholy of growing older. But the fact is, by 30 most of us realize we are not going to win the 100 m dash at the Olympics. I often judge fashion shows by whether I still want to make the effort to wear the clothes, even those deemed by convention to be younger than I am. The Balmain clothes for this spring evoked that question with urgency. And the answer is I'd do anything to strut around and wear one of these dresses. The obstacles are minor - I need my torn meniscus to heal super quickly, then do an intense amount of hard core exercise, find the money to afford it, and finally find an occasion for such a wonderful dress to have a suitable airing.

Balmain from www.vogue.com

Balmain from www.vogue.com

Balmain from www.vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment