Friday, February 22, 2013

All I do is eat...



The boredom that comes with forced rest of an injured knee has made me eat constantly. A trainer knowledgeable about nutrition once told me about the benefits of avocado for the joints, so I am eating a whole avocado on toast every morning. Bill Granger has got a very simple recipe which I love: mash avocados with wasabi, add chopped spring onion and a tiny bit of soy sauce. A nice change from the Mexican variety. And then a very considerate friend sent a bamboo steamer with the most delicious biscuits you have ever eaten. They were delivered by a beautiful woman with one of those open friendly faces that make you smile instantly. The card says www.thirdfloorkitchen.com. I need to see what else they have, such a lovely treat. Inevitably I will be gaining a few pounds which is entirely not a problem for the fashions of the future, because there have been a lot of voluminous garments on the New York, London and Milan runways. I watched the Theyskens' Theory show on the Fashion TV channel yesterday, and I was blown away by the huge 80's shoulders, only to realize a bit later the wide screen setting was distorting the clothes to clown-like proportions. It was a beautiful show nonetheless and one of my favorites so far.

 Theyskens' Theory from www.vogue.com

Another example of the new volume on the runways. This by Alexander Wang from www.vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment