Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Maxima loves Chanel


I love this picture of our future queen Maxima of The Netherlands - she's on a state visit to Slovenia with soon to be king Willem-Alexander. I love her grey patterned trousers and a grey jumper with a perfectly matching grey Chanel bag.

The simplicity and quality are probably what make this look so appealing. I only just read that French interiors designer AndrĂ©e Putman died in January. While trying to cut down on stuff during my move, I have been thinking of her famous quote about too many clothes: I love America, and I love American women. But there is one thing that deeply shocks me - American closets. I cannot believe one can dress well when you have so much. 

What do you think about that?

Maxima's bag - picture from www.zimbio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment