Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Granny boots

picture from www.purple.fr

picture from www.purple.fr

I have an irrational and extreme dislike for granny boots. I mean, really, a kitten-ish heel and laces. So wrong!!! Only good if you want to look like an extra in Oliver Twist. And then a while ago Nicholas Ghesquiere came up with these things - basically a granny boot but now they have thick white athletic laces. I am fascinated... not enough to buy them or consider ever wearing them, but I find myself liking them a lot in pictures. 

Speaking of boots, do you ever feel you have quite enough pairs, but never the one you actually need? I suppose because boots are a big investment we tend to hold on to them for a long time. And seeing them all in your wardrobe is a constant reminder you shouldn't buy any new ones. I am currently feeling I could use a boot that's tight around the ankle and maybe even an inch or two above the ankle, with a sturdy but high heel. That way I could wear skinny jeans with them and put the jeans over the boots rather than into them. A lower tight boot often leaves a visible gap between boot and bottom of the jeans, and I am hoping to avoid that.

The one affordable boot I have found which seems to match my criteria is this Marc Jacobs one, but is it too close to granny style for comfort? BTW, if you have not seen www.purple.fr then click on it right now. You can buy the Balenciaga boots there, for one, but it's also just a great fashion and design site.

Marc Jacobs boots at www.theoutnet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment