Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bagless Challenge

Chloe "Alice" bag on www.net-a-porter.com

The other day I went to a casual outdoor dinner at the Hong Kong Cricket Club, followed by a choral Christmas concert on the lawn. I wore jeans tucked into boots and a JCrew field jacket with lots of pockets. When I couldn't decide what bag to bring, I thought actually I don't need anything other than my Hong Kong ID, a house key, and some taxi money, so I put everything in my pockets and went bagless. What a revelation! How nice to be a man and never carry a bag! I didn't worry about leaving it anywhere, it was just me, my jeans, my boots, my t-shirt and my field jacket. Look at this slightly ridiculous picture.... A girl in a pink silk dress and high heels carrying a GIANT tote to go where? A party? A flight? School pick-up? Granted it's easier to go without a bag in winter because you can wear a coat. Still, I am going to see if the tailor can make my future jackets with two reinforced internal pockets. I may even ask for a thin nylon zipper on them. 

And in case you are wondering this Alice bag costs £1033.33. You could buy all three jackets below (last one is the field jacket) for a total of £835 - pictures from www.jcrew.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment