Sunday, November 4, 2012

White after Labor Day

                    
Young Anneke dropped by this summer in Holland cos she's about to start a term abroad in Hong Kong, so she came with her mum and dad and loads of questions about her future residence at the university. Anneke looooves shoes, and in her spare time works at Marjon Snieders (www.marjonsnieders.nl), a gorgeous shoe shop with branches in Weert and Roermond in Holland. The Roermond shop is in a palatial old building - it's a tiny bit of Bergdorf right there in the Low Lands. 

Marjon Snieders shoe shop in Roermond

Anyway, she was wearing white brogues that day in June and I loved them so much I became fairly obsessed with white shoes. I even found some white brogues for myself at Robert Clergerie. I can't say I wear them much, because they make me feel a little bit more butch than I'd like to be... something's just not right between them and me quite yet. I need to try them with more short dresses I think, but even here in HK it's getting colder now.

Anneke was far ahead of the crowd - white shoes are popping up in a lot of fall editorials and even white pumps are getting the fashion seal of approval. I asked Anneke to send me a picture of herself wearing the white shoes and I love how she's made them look perfect for fall.

From far left, brogues by Sergio Rossi and Manolo Blahnik, white pumps by Manolo Blahnik

No comments:

Post a Comment