Thursday, September 29, 2011

Haute Joaillerie

It's at T8 (level 8 typhoon) in Hong Kong today, which in theory should be a perfect pajama blogger day. But then a few neighborhood kids trickle in, and a few more (school is out during a T8), and your scanner breaks down, and the kids are getting rowdier and rowdier...

But I have erroneously told them (more commonly called lying) my husband took the laptop to Bangkok, so I think I have won...

I was just reading October French Vogue with one of the prettiest covers I have seen in years, Sasha Pivovarova as a pastel colored goddess. The issue has a lot of fine jewelry, the kind so fine that the French call it haute joaillerie. I love how the French support this industry in magazines, not just based on advertising revenue, but because it is a shrinking industry and its exquisite craftsmanship is worth highlighting. The magazine industry is a funny business and if you are interested in how those pretty pages are actually realized, read this funny excerpt from http://www.libertylondongirl.com/2011/09/26/llg-fashion-what-it’s-really-like-to-attend-the-milan-shows-part-four/.

                                     Harry Winston                                             Boucheron



Kate Moss gets in on the act too, with a small jewelry collection for famed jeweler Fred.

No comments:

Post a Comment