Thursday, September 8, 2011

Made in China or Italy?



I showed you these sandals a while ago. They are Miu Miu, I bought them in their Pacific Place store in Hong Kong. One day I saw my friend, Tokyo Fashion Girl, wearing the same shoes, but in all pink.
Hers were from www.net-a-porter.com. She was a bit disappointed with them, cos she said they didn't have the usual Made in Italy stamp on the bottom. In fact, they had a tiny stamp on the inside of the shoe, saying Made in China.
I went home and checked mine immediately, and strangely enough, mine do have a Made in Italy stamp on the bottom... I have often heard people say that the Chinese do not like buying goods made in China. I know, it sounds a bit too ironic to be true, but it would explain why the shoes in the Hong Kong store were made in Italy, while the shoes for sale at Net-a-Porter, a Britain based company were Made in China. Is it possible that Miu Miu considers the average Western customer less discerning?? I do not know if TFG's shoes were cheaper.
                                       Made in China

No comments:

Post a Comment