Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Katy Gave Me My First Job In Fashion




And in this photo of my last day at work before moving to London, it looks like she is helping me again - using her pretty pink scarf to hide the hideous sweater vest I am wearing!

Mere moments before this Polaroid was taken, Katy had opened a rogue bottle of champagne, and the cork shot out and grazed her eyebrow.  The look on my face in this photo is pure relief that my leaving party did not result in Kate Spade losing an eye.

I hope her death will not be in vain and I hope it will bring renewed focus on mental health issues and increased suicide rates among both young and middle aged women (read more HERE and HERE).

Thank you, Katy.  You will always live on in the memories of everyone around you.

xxx Dianne







No comments:

Post a Comment