Monday, June 25, 2018

Wise Words From A Professional Expat


There's a nice simplicity to summer dressing when the weather is fresh enough for sleeves and trousers.  I don't like going around in bare arms (even skinny arms become lumpy way earlier than one might expect) and imperfect bare skin always detracts from the clothes.  

 A very funny American friend of mine often says:  if you are a contemporary of Heidi Klum... but you're not Heidi Klum... you have no business wearing...  fill in the blank.



Riverwoods cotton blouse (sold out on website but still available in the Eindhoven store, and similar HERE, and HERE)
Urban Outfitters sunglasses (HERE)
Chanel shoes
Chanel bag
Zara jeans




I always feel I look very different when I am here in Holland.  I suspect it's because I am rooted here, rooted to my niece and nephew, aunts, cousins, the village, my old neighbors. While in Hong Kong I am a careless fashion and champagne loving expat, but here I am a former classmate who's turned 50 just like all the others, and a grown-up among very sensible and mature Dutch adults.

If you happen to be a reader who is considering becoming an expat somewhere, please don't hesitate for a second and go, because there is nothing more exciting than living in a brand new country, the more different from your own the better.

I would have never appreciated my parents' Dutch garden (simple pleasures) as much as I do today, had I not spent the last thirty years in New York, London, and Hong Kong.



Thank you for reading,  I am off to London again tomorrow.

xxx Dianne





1 comment:

  1. Excellent! offer is very creative and informative.Thanks for sharing!

    Darren
    Nike

    ReplyDelete