Friday, September 18, 2015

An Evening at Louis Vuitton, Dolce & Gabbana, and Otto e Mezzo


Louis Vuitton debuted a colorful line of monogram bags last night at a cocktail party in the Pedder Street store.


Nicholas Ghesquière's version of a tweed suit is unlike anything I have ever seen. His clothes have this sweetness that I love, but with multiple contrasting details to discover on every garment - yet nothing ever looks like it was simply stuck on. The result is always perfectly harmonious and suddenly you think Coco Chanel missed a trick because she never added ridged leather panels to the shoulders of her tweed jackets. It is no wonder that Sarah Mower's review of Louis Vuitton's Fall 2015 show was gushingly positive (see and read it HERE).

My friend wears it well.


After a few glasses of champagne the stairs which seem to have a video of rough seas underneath become rather daunting to navigate. Although there are few things those Elsie pumps cannot handle.


But it does not end with champagne. At a Dolce & Gabbana menswear event just around the corner the gin cocktails could grow the manliest of hair on any lady's chest. I am admiring the drinks trolley and think my husband would love this thing.


Crackers and caviar are not going to mop up the alcohol in my belly, although everything is delicious.


I hope that one day I will see a man out in real life with this hand painted dinner jacket. It is heartbreakingly exquisite and I know that man and I would get along.


The most beautiful girl of the evening is Jamie - she wears a stunning long navy and black skirt, and her jacket and rings add just the perfect amount of weight to the delicate prettiness of her face. Kind Dolce & Gabbana aficionado David next to her works with Pernelle, the Italian handbag company which has recently named Romeo Gigli as their creative director.


I am the only Dutch person who does not like cheese, but this display right next to our table in the bar of Otto e Mezzo is stunning and it makes me a tiny bit curious about the flavors of all these odd looking lumps of dairy. We finish off the evening with lamb pappardelle and pinot noir. I so very much love fashion ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment