Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday afternoon window shopping

Bamboo handle Gucci bag

Looove this two-tone Classic Duffel bag in the dirty windows of the Times Square Saint Laurent Paris store

Din Tai Fung vegetable dumplings doused in soy sauce with fresh ginger and vinegar. Best hangover cure in Hong Kong

Colorful snakeskin at Tods

Between a dumpling lunch in Causeway Bay and buying a car at the auto mall in Wanchai a bit of window shopping: loved the Saint Laurent Classic Duffels and Tods bright and cheery snakeskin driving shoes. The Gucci bamboo handle bag is so pretty but someone who owns one told me the bamboo really hurts her arm when she carries it.  But as my mom always says and her mom too: wie mooi will zijn moet pijn lijden (she who wants to be vain has to suffer pain). I use that line a lot on my daughter too, especially when she complains while I comb out her unruly hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment