Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bintang Tank Tops

a pretty sunset.....

a few lunch time margaritas at La Lucciola...

some ill-advised loopy shopping...   (but do go to SKS when in Bali)

Yellow does not look good on me. I have considered yellow my favorite color since I was a babe (i.e. a small child) although if I were asked the question in terms of clothes I would probably say watermelon pink and taupe. After 2 margaritas I thought the taupe in this yellowish dress would make the yellow totally flattering. It's a really cute and comfortable maxi dress, but I'll need a spray tan or a cardigan to make it work for me.

What is it about holiday dressing? What's with all the grown men wearing Bintang tank tops (or wife beaters or vests). And so much skin on display everywhere. For those Asians who have never been in Europe or Australia or the US, they must have a pretty warped view of the Western street scene.

I guess it doesn't help that the shops in holiday resorts cater to this look with the endless tie-dye tank tops and flimsy dresses, shapeless cover-ups in combinations of pink, turquoise and orange in such harsh hues they make my eyes hurt. The Simple Konsep Store in Seminyak (www.simplekonsepstore.com) where I bought the dress above is a lovely exception. Really nice prints and lots of beautiful non-garish color combinations.

 taupe with red and gold

watermelon pink and taupe skirt by JCrew, Joanne dress worn as shirt by JDCamicetta, napkin from La Lucciola in Seminyak

No comments:

Post a Comment