Saturday, June 9, 2012

Liverpool

Saw something the other day about best dressed cities in the US - the top three were New York, Charleston, and Los Angeles. I have only been to Charleston once, so don't know much about that, but I don't doubt their fashionable-ness at all. At around the same time I had lunch with a friend who is moving back to England, who was wondering what she would wear when she'd get back there.

Walking around the city centers of NY, LA, Charleston, AND London, you will likely see GAP, Banana Republic, Chanel, H&M, Zara, Club Monaco, Armani, Coach in all of them, yet people still dress so differently in different cities. My friend was saying she may as well throw out every pair of Jimmy Choo, dump all her costume jewelry, and save only the grey and black. At her school pick-ups there will be Barbours and wellies. And costume jewelry, well, that might give the impression you are a footballer's wife from Liverpool. And that may not be a good thing at a posh London public school. Let's hope I will stay in HK for quite a while to come, cos the looks I love at this moment may not be wearable anywhere else in the world.

Baggy cherry colored leather trousers?  Yes bring it on. Clash with crimson red blouse and shoes? Yes, bring it on. Tacky red and rhinestone Prada necklace? Yes bring it on, all of it.

Gold booties by Manolo Blahnik for J.Mendel? Yes bring it on right now.

Mugler dress with one sleeve and crystal shoulders? Yes bring it on.

Denim jacket with logo patches and glitzy buttons? If I could afford it, yes bring it on.

It just occurred to me that maybe I should move to Liverpool!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment