Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snacking

One of my neighbors is married to a girl who loves her shopping - and I think he properly appreciates beautiful things too. He's one of those guys that always very gallantly compliments you on a small detail of your clothes as you meet them for dinner. I had an interesting conversation with him the other day as he told me about his wife's shopping pattern that very day in London. He said "she's been doing lots of snacking today despite the fact I keep telling her to go ahead and buy herself something very nice". He went on to explain that snacking is buying lots of inexpensive disposable things rather than one beautiful piece of clothing - he said it's not good to be snacking all day, much better to eat a proper meal breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think he's entirely right, and I will always be reminded of that when I peruse the racks at H&M.

Of course my trainer will beg to differ. One must indeed snack between meals, albeit not on Snickers bars. In my effort to look more like Jenny from the Block and less like a housewife just back from a 6-week eating holiday, I have found the best snacks recently - all raw, savory and sweet whole food energy bars, which are so delicious, you can't believe they are so super healthy.  Buy at Great in Pacific Place or check out www.sjluxury.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment