Saturday, August 27, 2011

Favorite things for Fall

This is the time when journalists and bloggers alike start sharing their must-have lists for the season - and I have made one myself. I personally have always had this annoying hang-up that I can only take advice from people who I think are well dressed, or who have style as one might call it slightly pretentiously.

Cathy Horyn did her 5 must-haves for the New York Times, so I looked her up on www.zimbio.com, and although sometimes quite mumsy, I can tell she has a sense of what proportions work, and in a few outfits she manages to look cool enough. So fine, I am listening. 

Her specific examples of items to buy for Fall are Theyskens Theory rust colored corduroy trousers, a bright orange wool Burberry Prorsum jacket, a fitted Celine turtleneck, a 1940s Miu Miu dress and a black Givenchy pump with a gold bangle around the mid foot, creating a Mary Jane effect.

For full disclosure, this is what I am wearing today. One of the few benefits of being an unknown blogger is that there are no pictures of me on www.zimbio.com. So I can manipulate my images with abandon. I like it blurry, and I like to cut off my head and legs. If you think this outfit stinks, don't read on.

Cos jumper, Carven leather skirt, Vicomtesse necklace and Lanvin ring

My items to buy this season:

1) a top in a medium weight fabric with a strong shoulder, either a raglan sleeve or a drop shoulder
2) a pair of roomy men's style tapered trousers - roll them up and wear with heels or flats.
3) a gathered skirt, long if you are Taylor Tomasi Hill or Anja Rubik, for everyone one else stick with somewhere above the knee.
4) a lace up shoe or boot
5) a 60s style knee length dress with a bracelet sleeve.

Images to follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment