Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreaming on


The last post got me thinking about having dreams for what you still want to do or achieve, and this being a fashion blog, what you dream of affording one day. What if you are Paul Allen, and you sit there on you giant boat (probably not the technically correct description) and you want a watch - I guess you just get off the boat, walk into St Tropez and pick up some Audemars Piguet with 300 diamonds (don't ask me why that name popped into my head), if that strikes your fancy. Would he walk back to the boat excited about having that new watch? Or does it all become quite boring when you can buy anything on the planet without blinking?

I dream of a gold Rolex sometimes but in the meantime my JCrew Timex keeps me company. It still makes me happy. And on a slightly philosophical note I am quite grateful for that.

1 comment:

  1. i love a timex, so classic, utilitarian -all the info you would need inc a 24 hr clock. what's not to love! and you can dress them up with the bands from j.crew. it was my first watch- sadly lost forever

    ReplyDelete