Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Closets and Wardrobes

How many of you dream of one day having a beautifully organized walk-in closet? I have been dreaming that dream for a while now along with the one where I live in a house devoid of Ikea furniture. But that's not happening anytime soon cos I was just there yesterday. I guess life without Ikea seems like a proper grown-up thing to do, so I'd better face reality, that won't happen soon either.

On another recent trip to Ikea, I bought some clothes racks, thinking it would help my little closet room (too small to call it a walk-in) neat and tidy. Well now the closets are getting emptier and the clothes rack has collapsed a good number of times from the heavy load. Every time that happens I curse Ikea. I could instead hang the clothes back in the closet - the Ikea people did warn me in their neat direct Swedish manner that the rack would only hold 25 kgs.


See! Not kidding about the dire state of my closet. What looks like brown wood is actually a nasty thin veneer that keeps coming off the front of the drawers and snags my jumpers.

And living in Hong Kong humidity it probably isn't a good idea to have wallpaper, because the walls inside the closets always seem wet.

Wallpaper inside of my closet is part of my dream... Check out some of the prettiest wardrobes in the world on http://habituallychic.blogspot.com/2010/01/new-years-resolution-1-clean-out-closet.html.

Lots of wallpaper.

Btw black and white jacket on the left (the rack) is from now defunct clothing line of Kate Moss for Topshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment