Wednesday, September 5, 2018

White Jeans and Tweed


While unpacking my air shipment (a few boxes which have arrived sooner than the slow boat container) I feel the excitement of Fall, when a whole new fashion year begins. The kids are back at school, and finally mums everywhere have a chance to get dressed and make their hair and make-up look halfway decent. 


I'm intimidated by all the extremely well dressed people on the King's Road, feeling slightly unsure whether I can still call myself fashionexpat surrounded by all these people just living their lives not making a fuss about their style, despite naturally having so much of it.

I've got to leave the house early tomorrow and have laid out this Isabel Marant Étoile tweed blazer (HERE) with some white jeans, a grey T, and Dior loafers (HERE). 

Last year's Proenza Schouler Hex bag (find it HERE in this season's colour) has also arrived and replaces the smaller bags I would usually carry in Hong Kong.

I have decided I don't want to use plastic bags anymore, ever, so the cute mini bags of the last few seasons will have to go. A big sturdy tote is my best friend nowadays.

Have you seen the film A Plastic Ocean? You can find it on Netflix and if I may preach for a moment, it's a great one to show to your children. We need to educate young generations about the hazards of plastic waste, and this film is the perfect messenger.

And after you've watched it, you can treat yourself to a big stylish carryall so that you'll never need to accept a plastic bag from a store ever again.

Hope you are all well, and enjoying the beginning of Fall as much as I am.

Lots of love,

xxxxxxx Dianne





No comments:

Post a Comment