Sunday, October 26, 2014

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

There are two things in Hong Kong I really dislike: the pollution and the city's lack of art museums. In London and New York we hardly ever spent a weekend not looking at art somewhere, but in Hong Kong there are very few places to do so.

The Umbrella Revolution, however, is making up for six years of aimlessly walking through shopping malls (I am exaggerating for effect of course, what's not to love about HK shopping malls). Have a look at the beautiful sights of the Wanchai protest zone below. 

you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

a beautiful wall of Post-It notes,  dubbed "Lennon Lane"

umbrellas as installation art

I don't know what this says although from the yellow ribbon I assume the artist is supportive of the cause

tiny paper umbrellas decorate the entrance to these escalators

1 comment:

  1. It roughly translates to you can't kill a hong kong-er. Or if we're really going for a direct translation, hong kong people, beat no dead.

    ReplyDelete