Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Matching blue and camel on an uncongested but very polluted day in Hong Kong

J.Crew cashmere jumper
Zara lace skirt
Valentino Rockstud shoes
Serapian bag

I have been in so many traffic jams lately. Hours and hours of traffic jams on Stubbs Road, on Robinson Road, on Wong Nai Chung Gap Road, on Pokfulam Road. I have started to dress for the car: flat shoes, and sweat shirts to stay warm in the ice cold air conditioning (which is a must to avoid the humidity). And then today I drove to school 90 minutes early in anticipation of more traffic, but there were almost no cars on the road. I read in the South China Morning Post this morning that police were going to clear barricades on some roads, and maybe that's what they did. I love democracy and I also love clear roads - if only the students can achieve that feat (and solve the pollution problem too perhaps), I may never ever leave Hong Kong.

I am putting on a car-unfriendly outfit as we speak. Heels and lace! I am elated at the prospect of being uncomfortable. And I love a good match. How pretty is this petrol blue lace Zara skirt? I took my blue Rockstuds out of semi-retirement to do a perfectly matchy-matchy outfit. The jumper is boxy with square armholes. I am doing bright coral red Tom Ford lips.

China pollution is so shockingly bad - look at the view out of my window today. There is supposed to be a big island right in front of us.

This is the same view from further away on an extremely rare clear day (usually after heavy rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment