Sunday, April 7, 2013

Back to reality

It's all well and good to dream of far away places, but I'm back to my Hong Kong reality now, so I might as well live it.  I did have an especially lovely time in Western Australia reading my friend's awesome (and I mean this in the non-exaggerrated literal meaning of the world) collection of old magazines.

Beautiful lace Valentino blouse with fluted sleeves - makes you realize if you buy just a few really special things, you can wear them for a long time to come. Buying lots of cheap fashion might amount to the same amount of spending anyway.

Chanel ad from 2005 I think. Navy blue and white is so timeless. And the round toe spectator pumps are still gorgeous.

This has nothing at all to do with this morning's thought (buying good quality clothes vs lots of junk) and it came from a book about Abba, not the old magazines. But Agneta's jump suit is particularly of the moment in the ever reinventing world of fashion (and priceless...)

No comments:

Post a Comment