Thursday, January 5, 2012

When in doubt go German


Not much need to buy paper magazines anymore, there are lots of inspiring images to look at online without the annoying advertisements. And so often I find only 2 or 3 things that I want to go back to, while the rest of the issue doesn't really do anything for me. The models in US Vogue all look suspiciously like the very elegant and ladylike Anna Wintour in Oscar de la Renta dresses. In Paris Vogue they are now spitting images of Emmanuelle Alt in skinny black jeans, Alaia heels and Isabel Marant on top. I have no idea who the editor of German Vogue is and I didn't even feel like looking it up for this post. I'd rather not know! Cos usually German Vogue is very pleasant, clear shots of the clothes, a bit of a Jil Sander-ish look overall, but always colorful and exciting to look at. I haven't got the sense they are trying to be edgy, instead it's fairly grown-up and polished. I like it. But this too you don't need to buy in paper form...  see for yourself at http://www.vogue.de/

No comments:

Post a Comment