Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't believe the hype

        

Marc Jacobs has been a bit off the hype radar the last few seasons - fashion always needs someone new to write about and new faves have been Nicholas Ghesquiere, Riccardo Tisci, and Hannah Macgibbon to name a few. I walked by his shop in the Landmark the other day and saw these shoes - he's taken his ever popular mouse flat and made them into ballet espadrilles. I vividly remember the first time I saw a mouse flat on one of Kate Spade's directors back in 1997. She wore them with a full skirt and a men's shirt tied at the waist. I desperately wanted them but my design assistant budget was never going to cover those!
Just shows what a steadfast presence Marc Jacobs has been though, still doing those mouse flats after all those years.

On the left my own original mouse flats compromised by Hong Kong black mold....

Below Marc Jacobs' current version.

1 comment: