Sunday, February 13, 2011

I am disappointed...

with the shoes this season. The clothes are all so colorful, I think they need very simple non-gimmicky shoes. Lovely Jane of www.seaofshoes.typepad.com loves shoes, and I haven't often heard her say negative things about shoes, but she too seems a bit disappointed.

I have been roaming discount websites for last seasons' styles, and these ones on www.bluefly.com would be so cute with the stripy shirt dresses I will be wearing this summer. I am very tempted to order but it is Sunday and my husband is roaming around the living room. Don't think I can convince him I need more shoes :)


I have been thinking though lately - does anyone really notice the shoes other people wear? I do, of course, because I am a freak, and I remember every detail of outfits people wore 5 years ago to dinner if it made an impression on me at the time. But the other day I was at book club with 14 other girls, and at the end of the evening wide awake with jet lag, I was on www.net-a-porter.com tempted to buy some Miu Miu shoes. When I tried to remember how many similar styles I have already in my closet (tally was frightening) I wondered how many of the book club girls would even notice that these new black shoes were different from all my other black shoes??????

I think they would only if they were Standout Shoes. Standout Shoes are not so easy to find. Sarah Rutson from Hong Kong's own Lane Crawford always wears Standout Shoes. They are often Alaias like the ones below. My friend Jane owns those shoes and she says they make her happy every time she puts them on. So much so that's she not that interested in buying new shoes. As she puts it: "they just keep on giving"!


1 comment: