Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Good Taste


In fashion terms, for me LA is about good basics from Gap and JCrew (shorts, T-shirts, belts, men's shirts in pretty patterns, costume jewelry), pretty much just like any shopping opportunity in America. I often get excited about the jeans at Barneys and a few other places, and then there are the new basics at the likes of Phillip Lim and Tory Burch with lovely shops both on Robertson Boulevard in West Hollywood. But high end accessories for example tend to be very safe in America. Whereas in Hong Kong you get the crazy purple and yellow Louboutins, the color palette at Barneys' Wilshire Boulevard's enormous shoe department is pretty much limited to neutrals and black with a few exceptions in navy, or brick red. It's safe and classic and I should probably take a hint there. The bright yellow patent shoes are not going to be forever pieces... but like I have said before, I love a bit of jersey/essex girl bling, and that's what I often miss in most American shopping, there is soooo much sensible good taste - and like Ines de la Fressange says, beware of too much good taste!




No comments:

Post a Comment