Thursday, July 28, 2016

I love the simplicity of Chanel summer make-up

Just a bit of SPF and something to define the eyes - and you're all done.

I normally wear Armani make-up, but when I want SPF I like this Chanel foundation better. I stumbled upon sales girl Hecky Li at IFC Chanel when I went there to buy a birthday present. She suggested this foundation to me, and she gave me great advice, without the urgent need for truth telling one can encounter in Hong Kong at times (you are old, you are fat, you have wrinkles).

In winter I like to play with eyeshadow, but that melts away in seconds in a Hong Kong summer. Chanel's Stylo Yeux Waterproof is much easier to apply than liquid eyeliner, but is just as intense in color and long lasting.

The John Derian tray was a gift from a good friend, and immediately became one of those objects that make a house a home. I have written about my fascination with provenance before (HERE), and this tray will always remind me of my friendship and my time in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment