Saturday, January 31, 2015

The world is what we make of it

my space nails (don't look too closely I did them myself)  - O.P.I Cement the Deal

Bag from Shenzhen
Tabitha Simmons shoes
Zara dress

I have to go to a ball tonight. Not particularly glam, it's just a school fundraising thing. The theme is space, and some people will be dressed up - I am told there will even be a Princess Leia at my table. I must once again confess to be a grinch - I properly dislike costume parties. So I am faking the space thing with a faux leather Zara dress and Tabitha Simmons sparkle shoes. I will pretend they are stars in a galaxy far, far way.

Speaking of space and galaxies - I spent a lazy afternoon re-watching the movie Contact with Jodie Foster and Matthew McConnaughey. I always love the scene in which Jodie Foster's hypocritical boss tells her the world is not the fair place she hopes it is - to which she responds Funny, I always believed the world is what we make of it. If you haven't seen it, give it a try (watch the trailer HERE).

No comments:

Post a Comment