Wednesday, November 1, 2017

This Uniqlo Skirt is the Perfect Answer to Fashion Fatigue




Uniqlo skirt, find it HERE
Very comfy oversized jumper, little bit cropped, mine is Isabel Marant, another great one to style with this skirt HERE
Gucci sneakers, find them HERE
Zara bag from last season, similar HERE


I have fashion fatigue all the time.  That sounds odd maybe, coming from a person with a fashion blog.  Of course I always love fashion in theory, but I can't always be bothered to wear it.

Sometimes you just don't feel great or have the energy to pick a fabulous outfit (in my case especially if it requires shaving my legs)*.  For many women it seems athleisure is the solution on days like that, as I see a lot of Lululemon around me everywhere.  That's not my thing though, so an old pair of comfortable jeans is generally my fallback.

But long skirts are totally changing the game for me, especially this merino knit Uniqlo version.  It is sooo comfortable, not clingy because it's fairly wide on the bottom, and it goes perfectly with sneakers or boots.  Mine is dark green but I think the store in Times Square carries black, grey and red as well. Here I paired it with a hall-of-fame alpaca jumper from Isabel Marant, and a cheap-and-cheerful bucket bag from Zara.  This outfit is so much easier to wear than a tight lycra get-up, and you don't have to pretend that you're off to the gym.

If you need to look a tiny bit more dressed up, switch the sneakers for mules (like THESE if you got money growing on trees, or maybe THESE awesome inexpensive ones).  The bag is big enough to carry the extra pair of shoes around.

I constantly grab this skirt - I cannot recommend it highly enough.  Mine is a size large as Uniqlo tends to fit small.


* This is why I always say you should only ever buy things you really love - even your fallback comfort items should be amazing; look for the perfect color, with some beautiful detail. That way you can grab something out of your closet blind and look great even if you didn't have time to put make-up on. This suddenly reminds me of Trinny and her amazing new make-up line - if you are interested in super fast and simple, good-for-your-skin make-up, this line is fantastic - find it HERE.




3 comments: