Thursday, August 31, 2017

Two things I hate about Hong Kong

Old Nina Ricci velvet sandals
Old-ish Valentino bag
AG jeans (find black version HERE)
Hendrica silk T-shirt


The pollution and the humidity.

Every time I buy something I think to myself that it'll go so great with jeans. But when do we get to wear jeans in Hong Kong?

N E V E R.  Extreme humidity makes wearing jeans unbearable.

So in this first post under my new name on a 33 degree day I should not be presenting you with a dinner outfit option including jeans, but... I love them so. These are new - the Jodi Crop from AGJeans - fitted through the thigh but then flare out just a tiny bit. Really perfect with pretty sandals.

The sandals are Nina Ricci, from a few seasons ago, and they totally need jeans to balance the drama. The stripy top is from my own tiny little line Hendrica, and is totally (accidentally) on trend with its mustard, blue and pink stripes. I bought the fabric last year because I loved it - and had no idea those stripes were going to be a fall fashion thing. The top is perfect with dark blue jeans. But when do we get to wear jeans in Hong Kong!

Oh and the bag. How cute is that, but let me just say right away it doesn't fit my plain old iPhone 6!

If you are a regular at I LOVE FASHION, I hope you like the new look. For years it has annoyed me that my blog name and url didn't match. I considered bidding on I LOVE FASHION but that only led me to doubt the name.

I have now been an expat for more than half my life and fashion is the most exciting and favorite thing I know after my family. I did this all yesterday, suddenly got a mad burst of energy and when  F A S H I O N E X P A T  popped in my mind I rushed breathlessly to GoDaddy and here we are today.

Thank you very much for reading xx Di

Nina Ricci velvet sandals (sorry no longer in stores but check HERE for some other very lovely velvet shoes)



No comments:

Post a Comment