Saturday, August 26, 2017

Project Keep Calm


work in progress

I decided as soon as we arrived home from vacation in California that I would make sure this time to hang on to the deeply relaxed feeling that had descended upon me the moment I stepped off the plane in LA. But nothing like sitting in traffic, kids fighting, school starting and bills to pay to find stress and anxiety crawling up my spine back into my head. 

Among other things I am trying stress coloring to keep the peace and so far it's remarkably effective, at least while you are doing it. I was never terribly inspired by flora and fauna coloring books (HERE), but this Vogue Paris version is awesome. The drawing above is based on a David Simms photo from December 2016. The clothes are Givenchy. I am getting to recolor the whole lot on yet another typhoon day in Hong Kong. Serenity Now...

Happy Sunday and keep safe everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment