Friday, July 29, 2016

New favorite shopping site: Avenue32

Lucky strike, my dream red/navy jacket, very last one found at 70% off in size 38.

I am not all that adventurous when it comes to online shopping. I have stuck with Net-a-Porter for about nine years, and now that they offer same day delivery in Hong Kong, it's still my first choice for practical items. But Net-a-Porter is now Yoox, and despite the fact that Yoox is the ultimate well oiled and organized online machine, I miss the spirit of Natalie Massenet in the selection they offer.
I am in awe of Massenet, and had a funny experience seeing her at JFK airport a few years ago - read about it HERE.

Avenue32 is more fun, more like a proper boutique shopping experience, full of colorful and interesting designs by designers you may have never heard of. Normally, I am also not courageous with new designers when I have only seen the product online, but the founder of Avenue32, Roberta Benteler (see her instagram @robertabenteler) is so stylish, that I have total confidence in her selections. Check it out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment