Thursday, April 21, 2016

Tried and Tested: Alexa Chung for Marks & Spencer, Part 1

Alexa Chung for M&S blazer
Repetto flats
Zara shirt
H&M jeans

I bought my first ever Marks & Spencer garment this week.

Big pause. I hate Marks & Spencer's clothes, I always have. I hate their displays, the huge stretched- out hangers that make even size 6 trousers look like a size 18, the wishy-washy colors, and the hideous prints. But then they got Alexa Chung involved - and I love Alexa's style to the same degree that I dislike Marks's. 

Her school girl style and Mary Jane shoes always look super cool to me, although I realize they won't look that good on most girls or women past sixteen. Alexa must be aware of that as well, because her nostalgic archive collection for Marks & Sparks has a good range of styles, including a blazer, a tea dress, wide leg trousers, some jumpers and slip dresses. I immediately loved a blue cardigan which looks a bit like a grandpa jumper. The blue is exactly like Hermès' blue jean color, and I know I am going to love it over my J.Crew gingham shirts. And the oversized blazer is fantastic. There is no structure to it whatsoever (except for very thin shoulder pads) and it has three quarter length sleeves. It's perfect for covering up on a Hong Kong spring evening. Here I am wearing it with cropped jeans, but it is best over a mini dress - the longer length over a short dress feels really fresh to me right now.

I think you should go and have a look. Most of it will be best for your teenage daughters, but I think Alexa did a most excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment