Friday, February 26, 2016

Gwen Stefani for Urban Decay at Lane Crawford

I tried my best to come up with more new spring outfits from my old clothes, but it got so cold again that I had to resort to boots, jeans and coats once more this week. Global warming in the rest of the world has mysteriously brought local cooling to Hong Kong. To be continued. In the meantime I did shop a tiny bit, but this time for make-up.

Lane Crawford stocks Hourglass now, so I went to the Causeway Bay shop to check it out. The make-up artists working at the counter there are beyond friendly and helpful and I came out with their Ambient Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta. It makes you look as if surrounded by hundreds of candles, so flattering that I am feeling it may qualify as a desert island make-up pick.


At the Urban Decay counter right next to Hourglass I got sucked into trying Gwen Stefani's mini collection for the brand - the sales girl saw the sucker in me immediately - and I walked away with her eyeshadow palette. It's made up of mostly very warm neutrals in both matte and shimmer finishes and then there are three brighter colors. The matte Anaheim shadow is great for my eyebrows, and the Punk color makes my green eyes pop instantly. Gwen is the perfect person to inspire Urban Decay as she seems to love wearing make-up herself. And I have always liked that she is a bit of a mystery - we never really knew much about her (although that has changed a bit since she has been part of The Voice). Her lipsticks were stunning too - I may have to go back for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment