Saturday, July 11, 2015

From London To The Cotswolds Via Selfridges

On our last day in London we walked to Selfridges from Pimlico - a third of the way along, we ran into Westminster Abbey, which we hadn't planned to visit, but it was a magnificent detour.

At Selfridges I only had eyes for these Valentino flats, which were already sold out in my size (oh and yes, I also spent an hour trying on everything in Selfridges' Maje concession). Then we left for the Cotswolds...

...where I woke up this morning in this place, The Chestnuts cottage in Shilton, in Gloucestershire.

This is the cottage seen from the garden.

Fresh garden flowers are everywhere.

The house is a lovely mix of old Cotswold stone and modern design.

One of the master bathrooms (if you are going to the Cotswolds this cottage is the perfect place to stay - find it HERE)

We started our day with a walk through the tiny village of Shilton (it is gorgeous).

Some exercise in fields of wheat and poppies was cut short after both my children had an unwelcome encounter with a patch of stinging nettles.

I almost immediately after my arrival in the countryside indulged in a steamed pudding (when in Rome)

After all, this is the perfect place to while away some time in a local pub.

Or think about buying the perfect Cotswold house (this one is in Broadway, Worcestershire).

But wait, this is a fashion blog, and I really needed to get dressed for our next destination, Daylesford Organic - a beautiful organic farm with shops and restaurants.  I wore a white Jill Sander-for-Uniqlo tuxedo shirt straight off the drying rack, but because it was wrinkly I thought it looked better worn open with a sleeveless J.Crew T-shirt underneath. Dark raw jeans from Zara. I feel so tall in our anno 1670 Cotswold cottage.

Daylesford Organic is pristinely beautiful, a respite from the true country side, a citified version of the countryside really, like the Hamptons, a place where city people dip their toes into the country, without ever smelling any manure.

The clothing shop on the grounds is absolute perfection with very simple beautifully made garments in the most luxurious fabrics.

The wine shop sells lots of Chateau Léoube rosé, which is a firm favorite among my friends in Hong Kong as well - if you want to order it in Hong Kong you must get in touch with Léoube's very gorgeous Hong Kong supplier Jenny, right HERE.

Even the butter at Daylesford is a piece of art.

Plentiful organic vegetables.

And fresh flowers galore - next week I will be in Bath. But in the meantime stay tuned for more of the Cotswolds ♡ (I think this is the longest post I have ever done)

No comments:

Post a Comment