Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Best Food Of The Holiday: Pony and Trap in Chew Magna

J.Crew fabric pumps

I would love to do a fashion post - in fact I am dying to do a fashion post - but there is no fashion in Chewton Mendip. So I never wore these lovely shoes, although I did bring them, planning to wear them for lunches and dinners on my English vacation. In reality I wore Stan Smith sneakers to the loveliest lunch of my holiday, at the Pony and Trap restaurant in Chew Magna (in my defense it was 13 degrees and it had been raining for two days straight). Chew Magna is near Bristol, but smack in the middle of a labyrinth of muddy single lane roads flanked by huge hedges - not the sort of place one needs heels. And thankfully so - you don't want any distractions at the Pony and Trap because the food is so delicious, you can only think of what you are going to try next (find the Pony and Trap HERE).

I will start with dessert - if you think this is just cheese cake, I challenge you to drive to Chew Magna as soon as you can - because you are wrong.

Chilled lovage soup with fresh crab

Home made Scotch eggs

Pistachio tart

Plaice with brown shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment