Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Grace Lam styles J.Crew

If you could only wear one brand of clothes for the rest of your life, what would it be? I love to debate that question with my fashion nerd friends, and although the debate is always good fun, the answer is inevitably J.Crew. I just can't think of another company that does both basics and fashion so well. Or that does both clothes AND shoes so well. Or rain coats, pajamas, bikinis, you name it. There is not a category in fashion that J.Crew does as an afterthought. I could easily live in their beautiful things alone for the rest of my life - easy peasy.

Last night Grace Lam, Contributing Fashion Editor at Vogue China, was a guest stylist at a Spring fashion event in J.Crew's Hong Kong store. Gorgeous in-house personal stylist Michelle was on hand as well to help shoppers find a perfect match - what I love about Michelle is that she has an encyclopedic knowledge of anything ever made by J.Crew. I threw some vague description at her of a shoe from a few months ago that looks like it has a bit of a southwestern motif and within seconds she had come back from the store room with the exact Elsie pump I was thinking of.

Such a fun night! Thank you, J.Crew!

Grace picked her favorites all around the store. 

super lightweight summer cashmere

Maria Velasco, a stylist, wore a beautiful MSGM dress to the event (find her website HERE)

I love that pale pink lace skirt

this girl was my favorite guest - she was shy and lovely, and posed very patiently for my iphone as I tried to get a close-up of the gorgeous jewel she wore just below her collar. I don't know if it was a necklace or a pin, but it looked exquisite with her checked tailored shirt and jacket - I absolutely love how she has made this look both androgynous and feminine


Grace Lam wore her J.Crew sandals with patterned pink socks and looked so super cool in them

We had a friend, Melbourne Fashion Girl, in town and before we went for dinner she wanted to do a quick browse of the shoe floor in Lane Crawford. These Saint Laurent leopard print pumps seduced me immediately until I tried them on and realized I was never going to spend enough time on Hollywood Boulevard or the red light district in Amsterdam to justify buying them ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment