Thursday, March 5, 2015

This is what the 70s looked like in the actual 70s

a casual bob and an ultrasuede jacket

on the left pleated knitwear, on the right a white polyester maxi shirtdress - too fabulous for words

The August 27, 1972 editorial of The New York Times Magazine fashion section.

Thanks to my beautiful late mother-in-law Patricia I have stacks of fashion cut outs from The New York Times Magazine and other American publications. She loved to sew and saved the pictures for inspiration until she gave them all to me about 15 years ago. By then she had suffered from progressive multiple sclerosis for many years, and sewing was no longer a possibility. I suppress every cynical bone in my body when I say I really hope there is a heaven - and I hope Patricia and Richard you are reading this up there - we miss you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment